I am an information professional working in Gold Coast/Logan/Brisbane, Australia. I love working in libraries and being able to solve information problems.
I work at Griffith University, as part of team supporting the learning, teaching and research needs of the Health schools. I teach information literacy skills to undergraduate students in embedded classes and library workshops. I create online and self-help resources and work with students and staff one-on-one to address information needs. I support academics and researchers develop systematic literature reviews and advanced search strategies.
Librarian, Health, Library and Learning Services,
2014 - Dec 2015 and Oct 2016 - present
- Information Literacy education via workshops, embedded classes and consultations.
- Creation of online information literacy education resources.
- Working with academic staff to support their information needs, including research support and research impact assistance.
- Supporting students and academic staff undertaking systematic literature reviews
Sciences Librarian (Griffith School of Engineering and School of Natural Sciences), Library and Learning Services,
- Research support for academic staff and research candidates including data management, literature searching, resource management and scholarly publishing and impact
Library and IT Help Team Member, Griffith University
2007 – 2014
- Library reference and information technology support for students and staff, via face-to-face, email, phone and virtual channels.
- Extensive experience in art and music specialist libraries.
- Staff training and administrative duties
Project Officer, Griffith University
April 2010 – March 2011
- Research and assess library and IT orientation for new students at Griffith University and implement changes to the orientation process.
- Develop online content for orientation
Reference Librarian, Queensland University of Technology 2007
- Reference support and customer service for QUT students
- Support liaison librarians (Science and IT) in collection development, including weeding and purchasing.
Graduate Certificate in Higher Education Griffith University 2016
Master of Information Management (Library Studies) Queensland University of Technology 2006 – 2007
Double Degree The University of Queensland, 2001-2004:
- Bachelor of Arts (Medieval and Early Modern Studies)
- Bachelor of Science (Biomedical Science and Neurobiology)